The night preceding Eid is of great sanctity and profound virtues, and should be spend in prayers; dua, seeking forgiveness and in wakefulness. Taking ghusl (bath) at sunset is also recommended.
The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) said :
“One who offers six raka’t prayer on this night reciting in each raka’t surah al-Hamd and Surah Tawhid five times, Allah (s.w.t.) will pardon his sins.”
Recite the following Takbeeraat at the end of Maghrib and Isha prayers and also on Eid day after Fajr and Eid prayers :
‘ALLAHO AKBAR ALLAHO AKBAR LAA ELAAHAA ILLAL LAAHO WAL LAAHO AKBAR ALLAAHO AKBAR WA LILLAAHIL HAMD ALHAMDO LILLAAHE A’LAA MAA HADAANAA WA LAHUSH SHUKRO A’LAA MAA AWLAANAA.’
After maghrib prayers and its ‘Naafelah’ raise your hands towards sky and say :
‘YA ZAL MANNE WAT TAWLE YA ZAL JUDE YA MUSTAFEYA MOHAMMADIN WA NAASERAHU SALLE A’LAA MOHAMMADIN WA AALE MOHAMMADIN WAGH- FIR LEE KULLA ZANBIN AHSAYTAHU WA HOWA INDAKA FEE KITAABIN MUBEEN.’
Then prostrate and say 100 times in Sajdah,‘Atoobo Elallaah.’ Then invoke Allah (s.w.t.) to fulfil your legitimate desires.
Eid day : Ghusl on Eid day is sunnat. Fasting on this day is haraam. Before offering Eid Namaz it is recommended to have a breakfast of dates. Zakat-e- Fitrah should be paid before Namaz-e-Eid.
The important historical days of this month are:
- Idd-ul-Fitr, Son of Sa’d (Pisar-e-Sa’d)
8. Holy Shrines in Jannat-ul-Baqi destroyed by Ibne Saud in 1343 A.H. (1925 A.D.)
10. Ghaibat (occultation) of Imam Saheb-uz-Zaman began 328 A.H. (939 A.D.)
15. Martyrdom of Imam Jafar Sadiq (a.s.) 148 A.H.
(765 A.D.) (Mafatih, Behar)
– Wafat of Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.) at the age of 80 years 10 Be’sat (According to Al-Yaqubi, Tarikh-e- Khamis & Kasir-e-Tawarikh)
20. Imam Moosa Kazim (a.s.) was imprisoned by Harun al-Abbasi. (Al-Kafi)
25. Martyrdom of Imam Jafar Sadiq (a.s.) 148 A.H. (765 A.D.) (Al-Mizan, Saazmane Tablighat-e- Islami and Allama Jawadi)