- In the book “Saheefat-ur Rizaa” this tradition of Imam Raza (a.s.) is written that the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) said: Whoever recites Surah Qul Howal Laaho Ahad ten times while passing by graveyards and presents its reward to the inmates of the graves Almighty Allah would grant that man reward equal to the number of those inmates of the
- It is said in the book “Saheefat-ur Raza” that Ali (a.s.) said: When the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) offered Namaz during a journey in the first Rak- ’at after Surah Hamd he recited Surah Qul Yaa Ayyuahal Kaaferoon and in the second rakat after Surah Hamd he recited Surah Qul Howal Laaho Ahad; and he said: Qul Yaa Ayyuhal Kaaferoon is one-fourth Quran while Qul Howal Laaho Ahad is one-third Quran.
- Muhammad bin Yaqub Kulaini has written through his authorities that Imam Ali Naqi (a.s.) said: If a person even from boyhood recites every night three times Surah Qul A’oozu Be Rabbil Falaq, three times Qul A’oozu Be Rabbin Naas and a hundred times, and if hundred times be hard then fifty times Surah Qul Howal Laaho Ahad, Almighty Allah would keep him safe and protected from all sorts of evil eye, all the ailments that afflict children, feeling much thirst,
all the ailments of the stomach, low or high blood pressure and all ailments of this type; and so long as a person keeps reciting like this he would remain safe from diseases and ailments till he becomes old and at last the days of his life are over and he meets death.
- Shaikh Toosi has written through his own authorities in his book “Tahzeeb” that Yaqub bin Yaqteen states I put a question before Imam (a.s.) saying: Some people say that in this last two Rak’ats of Namaz-e-Shab and in the Rak’at of Namaz-e-Watr it is better to recite Qul Howal Laaho Ahad in all these three occasions, while some people say that it is better to recite in the first two Rak’ats Muwwazatain (namely Surah Qul A’oozu Be Rabbil Falaq and Surah Qul A’oozu Be Rabbin Naas) and in one Rak’at! Surah Qul Howal Laaho Ahad; thereupon Imam (a.s.) said in reply to my question: To recite Moawwazatain (that is, Surah Falaq and Surah Naas) and in Watr Qul Howal Laaho Ahad is better.
- Ibne Baabwayh writes through his authorities that on enquiry from Imam Muhammad Baqir (a.s.) by Abu Abdullah Hazzaa that “I recite Surah Falaq, Surah Naas and Surah Qul Howal Laaho Ahad in (the Namaz of) Watr”, Imam Muhammad Baqir (a.s.) said: “Almighty Allah accepts your Namaz of Watr.”
- The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) said: Whoever recites Surah Naas at the time of sleeping would remain in the protection of Almighty Allah uptill morning; and in this Surah there is protection and freedom from every kind of grief, sorrow, pain and bodily suffering; and Surah Naas is cure for the reciter. book “Khawaassul Quran” has it that theHoly Prophet (s.a.w.a.) said: Whoever recites Surah Naas at the point where he has pain or other suffering would get relief by Command of Almighty Allah; and there is cure in Surah Wan Nass for one who recites it.
- Imam Ja’far Sadiq (a.s.) said: Whoever recites Surah Naas in his house in the night would remain free from Jinn’s and Satanic evil And if Surah Naas is written and hung in the neck of children they would remain protected from the jinn’s, by Command of Almighty Allah.